Re: Howto Increased performace ?

From: "Iain" <iain(at)mst(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: <postuser(at)spr(dot)og(dot)th>
Cc: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Howto Increased performace ?
Date: 2004-12-28 02:31:55
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hi Amrit,

I'm sorry to hear about the disaster in Thailand. I live in a tsunami prone
area myself :-(

I think that you have enough information to solve your problem now, but it
will just take some time and testing. When you have eliminated the excessive
swapping and tuned your system as best you can, then you can decide if that
is fast enough for you. More memory might help, but I can't say for sure.
There are many other things to consider. I suggest that you spend some time
reading through the performance and maybe the admin lists.

regards
Iain