aborting startup due to startup process failure

From: "George Wilk" <gwilk(at)ellacoya(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: aborting startup due to startup process failure
Date: 2007-06-28 19:55:29
Lists: pgsql-admin
I posted to this group before with the same topic but nobody replied.
Please, provide some feedback if you can.

I am running a warm standby server, which executes the following command in
a recovery mode:

triggered=false

while (test ! -f /var/ipsc/WAL/$1 && ! $triggered)

do

    echo waiting for file: $1

    sleep 30

    if test -f /var/ipsc/pgsql/trigger

    then

         echo --- trigger found         ---

         echo --- exiting recovery mode ---

         triggered=true

    fi

done

if ( ! $triggered)

then

  cp /var/ipsc/WAL/$1 $2

else

  exit 133

fi

Recovery command works just fine restoring data from the WAL files scp'd
from the primary server.  While in the recovery mode, when I create the
trigger file breaking the while loop in recovery command, postgres does not
go gently into the active database mode.  Here is output:

waiting for file: 00000001000000000000003A

--- trigger found ---