Re: pgsql with cygwin 1.3.6.6

From: "Shay" <shayb52(at)bezeqint(dot)net>
To: "'Jason Tishler'" <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql with cygwin 1.3.6.6
Date: 2002-02-02 12:56:39
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

hi Jason and all,

I have succeeded in launching the postgresql, I have removed all installed
components, removed all registry entries and rebooted.

next I have downloaded all the components to my hard drive, I have chosen
the newest available versions and then installed it all from my hard drive.

I know that not all is required but I wanted to make sure it will go
smoothly as it probably went to the developers and testers that supplied
this installation package.

next I have created a file called: .bashrc in my home directory containing:

set PATH $PATH:/usr/local/pgsql/bin:/usr/local/bin
set PGDATA /usr/local/pgsql/data
set PGLIB /usr/local/pgsql/lib
set LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/pgsql/lib:/usr/local/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH PATH PGDATA PGLIB

next I have executed the next lines (this lines actually creates a new
database default called: template1):

source .bashrc
ipc-daemon &
initdb /database

and last I have called these lines in order to launch the database:

/usr/bin/pg_ctl -D /database -l logfile.txt -o -i start &

the last step was to download the PgExplorer from:
http://www.davecentral.com/projects/pgexplorer1/

and connected to the database and created tables etc.

all worked fine, I have also connected through JDBC its perfect.

if any one have problems with this explanation or need to ask questions you
are more then welcome.

Jason - again thanks for the help and replies.

Shay.