Re: BUG #4047: case preserve for columns

From: <Eugen(dot)Konkov(at)aldec(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "John R Pierce" <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #4047: case preserve for columns
Date: 2008-03-21 16:53:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

SELECT "Id" AS ID
and this will return 'id' instead of 'ID'

may be is there server configurations variable to be case sensitive?
or return case preserved field names?
or may be I compile manually PostgreSQL to do that?

Because typing SELECT "Id" AS "ID" instead of SELECT ID is boring
else more your variant is less readable

If there no any way to migrate to PostgreSQL without changes application
it seems not good database because of it will too expensive for us to
migrate to (((