Re: In processing DDL, when does pg_catalog get updated?

From: "Ken Winter" <ken(at)sunward(dot)org>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "'PostgreSQL pg-general List'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: In processing DDL, when does pg_catalog get updated?
Date: 2005-12-31 18:23:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom ~

Right you are! I added some code to trim off the schema name, and it works
fine.

You also alerted me to the NOTICE facility. (I'm new to PostgreSQL, and
have been learning it in "wade right in" mode rather than properly studying
the whole environment.) I have a "PostgreSQL for Dummies" question about
RAISE NOTICE: Where do I find its output? According to the documentation
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/plpgsql-errors-and-messages.htmlh
ttp://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/plpgsql-errors-and-messages.html),
the messages are either "reported to the client, written to the server log,
or both". My database is on a web host (zettai.net), and I'm working on it
via phpPgAdmin. I don't know where to find messages "reported to the
client", and I don't know how to access the system log. Can anyone help?

~ Thanks!
~ Ken