connections running out

From: "Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: connections running out
Date: 2005-08-30 17:35:39
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-odbc

My install using the new driver (ODBC) seems to have helped me a great deal.

Unfortunately one of my night jobs uses a dynamic cube product that does a
record set.

I am not certain but I have the feeling it is leaving the connection open.

After a few days (always at night when the program runs) I end up running
out of connections (was set to 600 I upped it a bit).

Is there something I can do to ensure they get closed in a given period of
time?

Joel Fradkin