RE: Creating users

From: Miguel Gonzalez <jffernandez(at)usuarios(dot)retecal(dot)es>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: Creating users
Date: 2001-08-12 10:47:56
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Dave,

 I have used the facility that the C++ Builder suite provides, called
Database Explorer. As the name shows, you can explore
databases, connecting through the BDE alias (through the ODBC driver) and
execute queries.

 I have tried using this tool, and I can add a user. What I do not
understand is why I cannot inside my C++ Builder application. I assume that
if It is possible through the ODBC driver, It can be also in my application.

 By the way, where I can get the pgAdmin tool? I have read that it is the
best tool for administrating PostgreSQL in Windows.

 Also I would like to ask something OFF-TOPIC. I have searched on the web,
read docs and ask in other mailing list but nobody tells me how the password
politics in PostgreSQL works. I would like to have some kind on encryption
accessing the database, I have tried to set in the pg_hba.conf an entry for
the host where my C++ application is, but when I use the crypt option rather
than password, I cannot connect through the ODBC driver.

 Many thanks in advance

 Miguel

pd: Dave - thanks for the compliment about my English.