Re: PITR on Win32 - Archive and Restore

From: "Christian Klemke" <Christian(dot)Klemke(at)t-online(dot)de>
To: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
Cc: <markir(at)coretech(dot)co(dot)nz>, "pgsql-hackers-win32" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>, <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: PITR on Win32 - Archive and Restore
Date: 2004-08-09 13:25:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Guys,

did you notice my earlier CopyFile / CopyFileEx posting (at about 10:20
German time) ?
If you want to stick with an external copy executable (which I don't quite
understand), just go and write one yourself and provide it for Windows
users. Leaving aside the neccessary checks, it might be as simple as:

#include <windows.h>
int main(char* args[]) {
return CopyFile(args[0],args[1],TRUE);
}

Adding a proprietary parser for secure handling of quotes (to deal of paths
containing space)s should be simple, I'm sure you have adequate functions in
your Postgres library. Link it to a file called copy.exe or cp.exe or
wahtever and add it to the PGBIN directory.

Cheers,
Christian.