Trigger to spawn process?

From: "David Busby" <busby(at)edoceo(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Trigger to spawn process?
Date: 2002-12-31 04:10:24
Lists: pgsql-general

List,
I've got my PG7.3 smoking right, but I need to have a trigger (for
update) that will then "fork" off and run a PHP script (PHP CLI is awesome)
that does some stuff. How is that done? I also need to send the
information about updated row or rows to my script? If I make this trigger
then what will happen on a large update? Does the trigger get called once
for each update? or does it go once at the end? Thanks!!

/B