Pipelined functions in Postgres

From: "Milen Kulev" <makulev(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Pipelined functions in Postgres
Date: 2006-09-19 20:43:33
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello Lister,
I am curios whether I can emulate the Oracle pipelined functions functionality in PG too (using RETURN NEXT ). For more
information and examples about Oracle pipelined functions see:
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:8127757633768425921::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:4447489221109

I have used pipeline functions in DWH enviromnent with success and would like
To use similar concept in PG too.

Any help, examples , links and shared experiences would be greately appreciated.

Best Regards.
Milen