Difference between ODBCdirect Connection and Pass-through-query

From: DI Hasenöhrl <i(dot)hasenoehrl(at)aon(dot)at>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Difference between ODBCdirect Connection and Pass-through-query
Date: 2002-03-28 15:28:22
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi,

I use MsAccess97 as frontend and Postgresql as backend and till now I thought, that there is no difference between a pass-through-query and a query,that I send via ODBCdirect connection to postgresql. But now I have the followig miracle.

If I make a pass-through-query with LEFT JOINs, I get the correct rows, but by developing the syntax via VBA and transferring this code by an ODBCdirect connection, I get only the rows of a normal INNER JOIN.

This is the code for my ODBCdirect connection:
    'ODBC Direct herstellen
    Set odbcWksp = CreateWorkspace("odbcWkspc", "Ina", "Mai123", dbUseODBC)
    Set odbcConn = odbcWksp.OpenConnection("odbcConn", dbDriverNoPrompt, ,
                                         "ODBC;DATABASE=WAWI;UID=ina;PWD=mai123;DSN=WAWI;")

and this is the code for my query,I want to send to the server:
    Dim qry As QueryDef
    Dim strSQL As String

    Set qry = odbcConn.CreateQueryDef("")
    strSQL = "SELECT artikel.a_nr,artikel.a_bez1,artikel.a_bez2,artikel.kl_ean,artikel.ws_nr,artikel.wg_nr, " & _
              "vartikellieferantbez.lief_nr,vartikellieferantbez.kl_kurzbez " & _
              "FROM Artikel " & _
              "LEFT JOIN vartikellieferantbez ON (artikel.a_nr = vartikellieferantbez.a_nr AND vartikellieferantbez.f_nr=1 ) " & _
              "WHERE (((artikel.a_nr)=-1) AND ((artikel.kl_ean)='HARD'));"
    qry.SQL = strSQL

    Me.RecordSource = qry.SQL

Recordsource is the datasource for a report.
I can't use pass-through-queries, because the select statement depends on variables.

Please, can someone show me the way to transferr this query directly to the server.
Many thanks in advance
Irina

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: DI HasenöhrlDate: 2002-03-28 16:17:58
Subject: Re: psqlODBC ODBC3.0/Column Names