Re: location of the configuration files

From: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: location of the configuration files
Date: 2003-02-14 07:35:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Apache explicitly supports a number of different layouts for files out of
the box (and provides support for you to roll your own very easily). From
the manual:

The second, and more flexible way to configure the install path locations
for Apache is using the config.layout file. Using this method, it is
possible to separately specify the location for each type of file within the
Apache installation. The config.layout file contains several example
configurations, and you can also create your own custom configuration
following the examples. The different layouts in this file are grouped into
<Layout FOO>...</Layout> sections and referred to by name as in FOO.
--enable-layout=LAYOUT
Use the named layout in the config.layout file to specify the installation
paths.
Maybe pg could benefit from something similar?

cheers

andrew