Re: Compile of Test example is put into win32.mak of libpq.

From: "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Compile of Test example is put into win32.mak of libpq.
Date: 2008-01-24 01:27:56
Lists: pgsql-patches
Hi.

From: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>

> On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 04:14:59PM +0900, Hiroshi Saito wrote:
>> Hi.
>
> Hi. Sorry about the delay in the response.

No problem. thanks.

>> First:
>> I needed other programs, in order to test what always built independent
>> libpq.dll.
>> Therefore, environment was considered variously. Then, I thought that a
>> sample program was helpful. They are written to the document.
>>
>> Next:
>> I understood that test example could not compile by MinGW (gcc).
>> Furthermore, there was a problem of some MS-VC+. and, some difference was
>> in the document and the program. However, It is not a problem in the reason
>> a document is explanation in standard environment. probably.
>>
>> testlibpq4.c does not have description in a document. and, a program
>> comment and operation were not in agreement...Therefore, a little change
>> was given. I thinks that it is enough, in order to show an example.
>>
>> error happen before patch apply.
>> http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg_work/testlibpq2.c.error
>> http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg_work/testlibpq3.c.error
>> I was able to do the satisfactory test after
>> http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg_work/win32_i386_log.txt
>> However, only compile was performed by the reason AMD64 does not have test
>> environment..now.
>> http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg_work/win32_AMD64_log.txt
>>
>> Please take this into consideration.
>
> I'm not sure we want to keep sticking these external makefiles for things.
> We specifically tried to get rid of a couple of those for 8.3 in other
> places.

Ahh,  If it becomes surely, I will desire to continue making psql from a pair for libpq.
http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg83/WIN32_BUILD_INF/psql_win32.mak
I always try actual operation, in order to check the accuracy of nmake independent libpq.

> I'm fine with the quick-fixes for the build.
>
> Why do you comment out a couple of lines from testlo.c?

Ooooops, sorry...It was mistaken in confusion of work.
"pickout" and "overwrite" also comment out the document so that they may see confusion
of a result. Therfore, The same one as a document thought that it was good.