Re: [mail] Re: Native Win32 sources

From: "Al Sutton" <al(at)alsutton(dot)com>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Ulrich Neumann" <U_Neumann(at)gne(dot)de>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [mail] Re: Native Win32 sources
Date: 2002-11-26 08:24:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Is there a rough date for when they'll be available?

I have a development team at work who currently have an M$-Windows box and a
Linux box each in order to allow them to read M$-Office documents sent to us
and develop against PostgreSQL (which we use in production).

I know I could have a shared Linux box with multiple databases and have them
bind to that, but one of the important aspects of our application is
response time, and you can't accurately measure response times for code
changes on a shared system.

Having a Win32 native version would save a lot of hassles for me.

Al.