Re: Advice/guideline on increasing shared_buffers and kernel parameters

From: "Gnanakumar" <gnanam(at)zoniac(dot)com>
To: "'Kevin Grittner'" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Advice/guideline on increasing shared_buffers and kernel parameters
Date: 2012-05-10 07:11:17
Lists: pgsql-admin

> There have been numerous discussions of this on the lists, so you
> can probably find a more in-depth discussion of the topic if you
> search the archives, and this may motivate me to put together a Wiki
> page on the topic, but here's the general concept.

I was really astonished on seeing a great, nice and detailed explanation on
this topic. I would like to *really appreciate* your effort and patience in
writing down this with your real-time experience. I've already thought of
converting this into a document and keep it handy so that I may want to
refer back whenever I need.

Thanks once again for that great explanation.