Re: version:8.2.6 pg_hda.conf problem

From: "Devi" <devi(at)visolve(dot)com>
To: "Phillip Smith" <phillip(dot)smith(at)weatherbeeta(dot)com(dot)au>, "'pgsql-admin'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: version:8.2.6 pg_hda.conf problem
Date: 2008-02-29 06:07:50
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I suppose the CIDR-ADDRESS mask length needs more attention. You have
specified it as 254 and you IP says it as a single host. Why cant you try
with 32 as the mask length.

Try replacing listen_address=* with listen_addresses=<hostname> in
postgresql.conf

FYI:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/client-authentication.html

Try starting the server process ./postmaster -i -D datadir path &

For instance, i have set it as
host test test 192.16.1.1/32 trust

Thanks,
ViSolve DB Team