Re: SSL Problem

From: "Stefano Bonnin" <stefano(dot)bonnin(at)comai(dot)to>
To: "Kris Jurka" <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SSL Problem
Date: 2004-07-15 09:47:14
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
The postgresql server log gives me the following error:

****
 could not initialize SSL connection: sslv3 alert certificate unknown
****

What's wrong in my operations?
About the certificate I did the following operations:

cd \ postgres_data_dir
openssl req -new -text -out server.req
openssl rsa -in privkey.pem -out server.key
rm privkey.pem
openssl req -x509 -in server.req -text -key server.key -out server.crt
chmod og-rwx server.key
openssl x509 -in server.crt -out server.crt.der -outform der

keytool -keystore /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_04/jre/lib/security/cacerts -alias
postgres -import -file server.crt.der

... then I typed changeit as password

What I did't undestand in this steps is the following:

keytool -keystore ... etc ...

import the certificate in the java keystore and the JDBC driver *must* find
the certificate in the keystore and download it on the client, is't true? (I
dont't know if this is true) BUT if my affermation is true HOW the JDBC
driver (on the client) can find it in
/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_04/jre/lib/security?

Reds.