Re: Patch for ODBC driver (look for odbc.ini in more than one location)

From: "Ross Thomas" <ross(at)grinfinity(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: Patch for ODBC driver (look for odbc.ini in more than one location)
Date: 2001-12-11 14:04:38
Lists: pgsql-patches

Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> IIRC iODBC 3.0.5 has iodbcinst library which knows
> where to write/get the profile values.
> PostgreSQL 7.2 provides a configure option --with-iodbc
> with which PostgreSQL doesn't use gpps.c at all but links
> with the installed odbcinst library.

I did a quick scan of the PostgreSQL ChangeLog before starting the patch,
but must've missed that. It certainly sounds like a good idea.

But it also seems like a good idea for libpsqlodbc to check sensible
locations even when used with an earlier version of iODBC (or some other
driver manager).

Regards,
Ross Thomas