Re: select from a table having more than 32 fields: Quick Workaround

From: "Byron Nikolaidis" <byron(dot)nikolaidis(at)home(dot)com>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Matteo Cavalleri" <theos(at)bp(dot)lnf(dot)it>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: select from a table having more than 32 fields: Quick Workaround
Date: 2001-02-27 02:06:18
Lists: pgsql-odbc

The stuff in parse.c is only used if you actually have the "parse
statements" option enabled in the driver settings. Actually, the parse
module wasn't really a great parser -- it was more of an expirement to
overcome some limitations of the backend in dealing with odbc functions like
SQLDescribeCol, especially when used with Borland products.

More importantly, I'm not sure if the parse code has been kept up-to-date as
the Postgres SQL language has improved and so forth.

Matteo, Do you actually have that option enabled?

Byron