question/suggestion

From: "chris wood" <chrisj(dot)wood(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: question/suggestion
Date: 2008-12-04 15:23:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Apology in advance, this is not a bug, just wanted to ask if the following
issue is being considered:

Cloud computing seems to be quickly gaining ground as a deployment
technology for web apps.

From what I see this has not been good for Postgres. Google App Engine
cannot use Postgres and

Amazon's AWS cannot use Postgres.

I am a huge fan of Postgres and huge proponent of full-featured SQL, and
hate most of the web frameworks that inherently "dumb down" the database.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else is worried about this, or if anyone
is trying to bridge the gap between Postgres' architecture and the
architecture of cloud computing.

I wrote a "thought paper" on how this might be accomplished:

http://markmail.org/message/u6wpqhz2ypxdyvtk

- chris