Re: Fwd: 8.0 Beta3 worked, RC1 didn't!

From: "Nicolas COUSSEMACQ" <nico(at)def2shoot(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: 8.0 Beta3 worked, RC1 didn't!
Date: 2004-12-28 14:13:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

1) I checked the option in the setup program that allow connection from all
client workstation, and added one line in pg_hba.conf ('host all
all 10.0.0.0/8 password').
When I setup postgres without checking this option, it runs perfectly
from localhost but when i active 'external connections', it fails...

2) I tried to setup with and without data from previous installed postgres.
I think that the problem is immediate because I get a message during the
installation explaining that the setup programm can not contact the database
server ( I think that it happens when installing PL/PGSQL ...).

3) I tried to setup Postgress beta5, RC1 and RC1 on two servers : one was
clean, it had just been running Beta4 for a few days, and the other was
hosting my old Mysql Database. I got the same problem in all case.

4) shared_buffers = 1000