Re: Strange Error

From: "Dave Cramer" <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net>
To: "'# sriram #'" <sriram(at)imsc(dot)ernet(dot)in>, "'Nick'" <nickf(at)ontko(dot)com>
Cc: "'Psql-Jdbc'" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Strange Error
Date: 2002-02-26 13:18:31
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Well if both mysql, and postgres are throwing the same error then
something else is interfering. If it were me, I would monitor the
connection with a small cron job that does a netstat | grep 5432 and
note the pid of the connection. My assumption is that something is
restarting postgres? I suspect that it will drop at exactly the same
time everyday. At any rate, I don't believe it is the jdbc driver, or
postgres. I routinely keep connections alive for months.

One thing that just hit me, do you do a Vacuum in a cron job? Of course
that would only affect postgres, but it popped in my head.

Dave