sql statements

From: "David Warren" <exec(at)shreve(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: sql statements
Date: 2000-02-03 19:53:13
Lists: pgsql-sql

UPDATE table1 SET val1 = 'test', SET val2 = 'test' WHERE recnum=1;
This statement doesn't work for me. If I use only one SET per statement it does. Is this supposed to be this way?
Also, the statement INSERT INTO table1 (val1, val2, ..., val68) VALUES ('test','test',...,'test') gives me an error as well. There are 68 elements I am trying to add in that one statement. If I trim it down to 30 or so it is fine. Is it supposed to be this way? The same statement will load into a MySQL database without any problems at all so I know there are no errors in the statement syntax.