Re: 8.3 problems with sspi authentication

From: "Matthias Mohr" <Matthias(at)Mohrenclan(dot)de>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.3 problems with sspi authentication
Date: 2008-02-28 13:45:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hello Magnus,

> I am using it, and it works very well for me. I've only been using it on
> domain attached machines though - but often using it to access the server
> only locally.
My problem is, that the _server_ itself did not start after changing the authentication
to sspi

> Do you have any non-microsoft software installed on the machine that could
> be interefering somehow. Like AV or other "security" products?
Of course I have a lot of "non-microsoft software" installed on the machine :-)
But I don't know how this could interfer?
Avira's Antivir is installed,
there's no firewall software activated,
cygwin with enabled ssh server is installed,
vmware workstation is installed,
what else could interfer?

> The error you're getting is something like "function not supported", which
> shouldn't happen...
What I miss is a more detailed log file which could tell me what exactly goes
wrong (and where)...

> Eh, unless, you do have sspi in your pg_hba.conf, right, not gssapi?
Yes I have "sspi" in my pg_hba.conf!

regards,
Matthias