Re: FATAL 1: Sorry, too many clients already

From: "Robert John Shepherd" <robert(at)reviewer(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FATAL 1: Sorry, too many clients already
Date: 2002-11-18 16:02:39
Lists: pgsql-odbc
> > I was using v7.02.0003, but when I first encountered the problem I
> > upgraded to v7.02.0004 (the one uploaded on 8th Nov) and have also
> > both the normal and the beta + driver.

> Could you see suspicious error messages in e.g. qlog ?

Nothing really. But I have noticed some very odd behaviour, the website
seems very happy for long periods, with no more than 8-10 postgresql
processes running. Then for no apparent reason, the number of processes
increases dramatically to the maximum and they seem to all be either
idle or sleeping, none are consuming any cpu at all.

Yours Unwhettedly,
Robert John Shepherd.

The UK's BIGGEST Online DVD Magazine

For a copy of my Public PGP key, email: pgp(at)robertsworld(dot)org(dot)uk