Re: PostgreSQL - linked with MS Excel

From: George Weaver <gweaver(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: Nefertiti Nefertiti <woymita(at)yahoo(dot)fr>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL - linked with MS Excel
Date: 2005-06-08 15:44:07
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi Weymy,

You can link directly to your PostgreSQL database from Excel, and open PostgeSQL tables directly in Excel.

You can do this by creating a DSN and .udl file (http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-odbc/2004-12/msg00056.php).

Once you have created the udl file, open Excel and choose File - Open.  Navigate to the directory where you created the udl file.  in the file type selector box in the open file dialog select All Data Sources.  You should see the udl file in the file selection pane.  Select the udl file and click on Open.  You should be presented with a list of your database tables.  If you choose a table, it will be open as a new worksheet in Excel.

HTH.
George