Postgresql 7.4.2 and OutOfMemoryError

From: "Sharib Anis" <sharib(dot)anis(at)wilabs(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgresql 7.4.2 and OutOfMemoryError
Date: 2004-05-26 09:35:27
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello All,

I'm using Postgresql for our java application. I started with Postgres
7.2.1 and everything worked fine. Then however, I decided to upgrade to
7.4.2.

Since then I'm facing this frustrating problem where I'm always getting
OutOfMemoryError. Basically there is an operation which involves
inserts/updates in batches of 20K records. With the earlier version of
Postgresql and driver, it worked smoothly, but not now. Any ideas why?
What should I do to overcome this? I'm using the latest 7.4 driver too.
I suspect it's an issue with the driver.

Thanks and Regards,
Sharib Anis