Subset edit data view

From: "Matt Doggett" <mdoggett(at)coas(dot)oregonstate(dot)edu>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Subset edit data view
Date: 2004-02-10 17:08:22
Lists: pgadmin-support
I've been using pgaccess for a while and decided to give pgadmin a try
and see how it compares, so I'm new here.
  One thing I'd like to do is be able to interactively edit data in the
database.  I notice that pgadmin offers a "view data" where you can do
this, and that's great. However, I have some data tables that contain
millions of records in them.  And, as far as I can tell, pgadmin will
try to load the ENTIRE table to view (which takes a ridiculous amount of
time). Is there any way to control this?  In pgacess you could limit the
records that were displayed for editing with simple constraints like in
an SQL WHERE clause. I think it would be great if pgadmin could do that
as well.

Matt