Parameters to consider on increasing max_connections and physical memory

From: "Gnanakumar" <gnanam(at)zoniac(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Parameters to consider on increasing max_connections and physical memory
Date: 2012-01-25 05:05:55
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi,

Our Production server is running PostgreSQL v8.2.22 on CentOS5.2.  Based on
the application usage trend, we're finding that we need to increase maximum
number of concurrent connections to the database server, that is
"max_connections" parameter.  Of course, I also understand that it requires
more system physical memory.

My question is, what are all the PostgreSQL conf parameters that I must take
into account/consider to adjust/modify, if we increase system physical
memory and "max_connections"?

Regards,
Gnanam

pgsql-admin by date