DBA w/PostgreSQL experience; Marketing; Nashville, TN

From: "Rakhi Kolhe" <rakhi(at)iplaceusa(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: DBA w/PostgreSQL experience; Marketing; Nashville, TN
Date: 2008-07-18 11:46:13
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Hello,

I am a recruiter with iPlace USA. We are engaged in a search for a DBA w/PostgreSQL experience for one of our clients based in Nashville, TN.

Position Title: DBA w/PostgreSQL experience

Location: Nashville, TN

Duration: Permanent (remote work is not an option for the client at present)

Salary: $80,000 - $110,000

Project Description

a.. Candidate will be responsible for managing operations a unique Postgres database environment.
b.. Candidate will work closely with the systems and development teams - creating, testing and implementing architectural as well as schema changes.
c.. Responsible for troubleshooting issues, gathering data, optimizing queries, researching errors and maintaining an active presence on the Postgres mailing lists.

Required Skills and Experience

a.. Proven experience managing, supporting and designing a large & complex production RDBMS - all in PostgreSQL
b.. Experience - Oracle/SQL Server
c.. Proficient SQL query writing and optimization skills
d.. Proficient SQL languages such as PL/pgSQL & PL/SQL
e.. Experience testing, troubleshooting, and debugging codes
f.. Linux & Sun Solaris knowledge
g.. PHP & Python languages

If interested, please send your updated resume to rakhi(at)iplaceusa(dot)com(dot) If you are not available, I would appreciate your referring others who you feel would excel at this opportunity.

Thanks and regards,

Rakhi Kolhe

Sourcing Team Lead

iPlace USA

rakhi(at)iPlaceUSA(dot)com

www.iPlaceUSA.com

Recruiting Done Right from Start to Finish

Have you LinkedIn yet? Connect with me at: http://www.linkedin.com/in/rakhikolhe