Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC 6.4 + PostgreSQL 6.5 = Can't browse tables

From: "Chay Wesley" <chay(at)ci(dot)danville(dot)ky(dot)us>
To: "Byron Nikolaidis" <byronn(at)solipsys(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC 6.4 + PostgreSQL 6.5 = Can't browse tables
Date: 1999-06-25 19:44:23
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
  jobshop=>

  jobshop=> select relname, usename, relhasrules from pg_class, pg_user where relk
  ind = 'r' and relname !~ '^xinv[0-9]+' and int4out(usesysid) = int4out(relowner)
  order by relname;
  relname|usename|relhasrules
  -------+-------+-----------
  (0 rows)

  jobshop=>

  jobshop=> \d
  Couldn't find any tables, sequences or indices!
  jobshop=>

  jobshop=> \d joblistings   <- The name of one of my tables.

  Table    = joblistings
  +----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
  |              Field               |              Type                | Length|
  +----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
  | listingid                        | int4 not null default nextval('j |     4 |
  | officeid                         | int4                             |     4 |
  | posteddate                       | date                             |     4 |
  | enabled                          | bool                             |     1 |
  | description                      | text                             |   var |
  | numpositions                     | int2                             |     2 |
  | locationdescription              | text                             |   var |
  | extrahtml                        | text                             |   var |
  Index:    joblistings_listingid_key

  jobshop=>

  Don't do a select * from pg_class.... Do the exact entire query that you see in the logfile  (select relname, usename .... where relkind ....) and see what you get.

  Also, if you do a "\d" in the monitor, what do you get?

  Byron