Re: Getting previous statements executed a backend currenly in an <idle> in transaction state.

From: "Umesh Shastry" <ushastry(at)techbooks(dot)com>
To: "Rajesh Kumar Mallah" <mallah(dot)rajesh(at)gmail(dot)com>,"Lista Postgres" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Getting previous statements executed a backend currenly in an <idle> in transaction state.
Date: 2007-01-22 05:42:43
Lists: pgsql-admin
This may help you...

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-announce/2006-01/msg00007.php

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rajesh Kumar Mallah
  To: Lista Postgres
  Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 9:55 AM

  Dear Friends,

  Due to some bug(s) in our apps , in a mod_perl environment
  many backend remain in <idle> in transaction state. This
  backends sometimes block other statements in batch
  processes which in turn blocks access to some production
  tables.

  This issue has been posted before also but this time i wanted
  to know, if it is possible to know what statements have been
  executed by the backend in the same transaction which is currently
  idle. this can probably help us in identifying the faulty application
  code.

  in past we had set a logging prefix in guc and used grep to digout
  the statements but that was logging all statements which was
  probably not a good idea in production environment. Can some
  one suggest if anything else is readily available.

  regds
  mallah.

                 http://archives.postgresql.org