DB dump problems

From: "Gallamine" <iam(at)gallamine(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: DB dump problems
Date: 2002-11-28 01:46:50
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello, newbie here (ha, imagine that). Anyways, I worked this summer
rewriting my website to use PHP and PostreSQL. I was doing that away from my
home. I didn't backup the DB and recently I've been wanting to start again
using my Linux (RH 8) box here at home. So, I've been playing around with
the pg_dump command trying to get it to work right. I make heavy use of the
OIDs in my DB so I know I have to use the -o switch. However, when I take
the dump from work and move it to my home and try to recreate my database (I
did pg_dump -C -o > outputfile.txt) I get the following error:

You are now connected to database gorobotics2.
CREATE
": can't parse "ne 1, pg_atoi: error in "0
lost synchronization with server, resetting connection

There isn't anything in my dump that says "ne 1, pg_atoi ..." Also I try
recreating the DB on the computer I got the dump from and it works fine.

Does anyone know why I can't do this?
-William