RE: [HACKERS] postmaster failure with 2-23 snapshot

From: "Daryl W(dot) Dunbar" <daryl(at)www(dot)com>
To: "Brian P Millett" <bpm(at)ec-group(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] postmaster failure with 2-23 snapshot
Date: 1999-02-24 01:39:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Here is what I added to my /etc/system on Solaris 7:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=16777216
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=128
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=51
*
set semsys:seminfo_semmap=128
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=128
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=8192
set semsys:seminfo_semmnu=8192
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=64
set semsys:seminfo_semopm=32
set semsys:seminfo_semume=32

Of course, this is way more than you need to run 64 backends, this
will accommodate thousands of semaphores, but not much more than 128
backends due to the shared memory needs... You might want to run a
sysdef to see the defaults first and then pick your tunables.

DwD