Re: RESULT_OID Bug

From: "Kevin McArthur" <postgresql-list(at)stormtide(dot)ca>
To: "Neil Conway" <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, "Michael Fuhr" <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RESULT_OID Bug
Date: 2005-07-27 07:19:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers
The target system for my reproduction is on FreeBSD.

Though I sitll cannot get the initdb started one to work the first time
around.

I cannot reproduce the bug on my linux machine, however I cannot test the
full initdb procedure until tomorrow on freebsd.

This error has come up in the last week or so, and my suspicion remains that
its caused by something to do with roles but that could be way wrong.

The FreeBSD machines were confirmed to work as of about a week ago ( i
reinstalled for a timezone patch and I'm pretty sure it was working then )

I can note that the \set for lastoid is properly updated when I insert into
a table. Thus the problem has to be somewhere between plpgsql and that data
via the get diagnostics interface (under the assumption that the lastoid
structure is consistent for all inserts and psql having lastoid working at
all eliminates that part of the equation).

Kevin McArthur