Re: Clustering, mirroriing, or replication?

From: <terry(at)ashtonwoodshomes(dot)com>
To: "'Lincoln Yeoh'" <lyeoh(at)pop(dot)jaring(dot)my>, "'Jon Brisbin'" <jon(dot)brisbin(at)npcinternational(dot)com>, "'Richard Huxton'" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgSQL General'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Clustering, mirroriing, or replication?
Date: 2004-08-13 03:05:06
Lists: pgsql-general

I find 7.3 and 7.4 to be rock solid on dual processor servers of Intel P4 and Xeon running RH9 and
Xeon running Fedora Core 2.

My systems run heavy load for about 6 hours straight each night when it is syncing data with legacy
systems (disk io and cpu maxed out).

I don't use replication, just nightly dump and restore to backup server.

Indeed the only problems I have ever had turned out to be hardware, a bad motherboard.

Terry Fielder
Manager Software Development and Deployment
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
terry(at)greatgulfhomes(dot)com
Fax: (416) 441-9085