v7.2 triggers and foreign keys

From: "Paul Gimpelj" <pgimpelj(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: v7.2 triggers and foreign keys
Date: 2004-05-20 18:32:49
Lists: pgsql-sql
Hi,

I have two tables a and b.; b references a.
I used pgaccess to create tables.
and psql to create the triggers and foreign keys. a has sequential id, and primary key same column.

As constraints they were implicit, and cascade was off.

On delete of the of a b row, postgres also deleted the a table row.

I then created a2 and b2 with action queries. and the delete acted as expected.

Where am i going wrong with this?
Do I need to install 7.4?

Also, created tables a3 and b3, with sequential ids using pgaccess same as a and b, and the seq id's don't increment with these tables.

Thanks.
paul

pgsql-sql by date