installing postgres on virtual domain

From: "Mark Tessier and Martine Veilleux" <capnatur(at)total(dot)net>
To: "Postgres" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: installing postgres on virtual domain
Date: 2001-09-24 12:34:59
Lists: pgsql-novice

I've recently attempted to install postgres on my virtual domain.  With some help from the system admininstrator, we're able to get the system running for a few minutes before the admin server program kills the process.  This despite the fact that pgsql starts with only 5mb.  The question is, is it possible to further reduce the amount of memory postgres starts with.

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: David LeblingDate: 2001-09-24 15:42:44