Text Field will not map into MS Access as Type: Memo

From: "Jeffrey Silberberg" <jsilberberg(at)mindspring(dot)com>
To: <interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Text Field will not map into MS Access as Type: Memo
Date: 2000-04-11 22:07:11
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Help !!! I changed something and can't figure out what : - )

I had a PostgreSQL database on FreeBSD 4.0 Stable, Linked to a
Microsoft Access/97 (Win/95) DB via the PostgreSQL ODBC 6.5.00 driver and
all was working okay. The field "Entry:Text" was mapping across as a
Type:Memo and all of my data was available in reports, with the Can Grow
option on to fit it word wrapped on an activity report.

Well, something has changed, and after updating the Schema and
relinking the Table I can not longer get the Entry:Text to map as anything
other than Text:254 in MSAccess. In fact If I select the Option TEXT as
LongVarChar I get an Error when Linking the Table and can not proceed:
"Invald Fied Definition 'event' in definition of index or relationship. " in
Linking the Table.

With the Field as a 254, I either get Byte 0 to n, or if there are
more than 254 bytes in the field I get 254 + n loosing the first half of my
data....

I am at a loss as to what I broke... Can anyone HELP ??????

TIA,
Jeffrey M. Silberberg
CompuDesigns, Inc.
(770) 399-9464