Re: Cancelled statement due to lost connection

From: "Frances Collier" <fcollier(at)preparedresponse(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cancelled statement due to lost connection
Date: 2006-09-29 21:24:44
Lists: pgsql-novice

Well, I set the timeout to 480 in the web.config. It still broke. However, I
pointed the .NET page to a different box running PostgreSQL with the same
tables and the page worked. Perhaps it's the hardware, then? The initial box
(devtest) is running Windows Server 2003 SE with SP 1. The hardware is an
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000+ 2.12GHz, and only 960 MB of RAM. The other box
(fudd) is running Windows Server 2003 WE SP 1. The hardware is an AMD Athlon
64 X2 Dual with the Core Processor being 3800+ 2.01 GHz, and 1 GB of RAM.

At this point I'm suspecting that devtest is running out of memory causing
the connection to be terminated. Is this a valid assumption?

The table I'm querying has 223945 rows and I'm intersecting their geometries
with a given buffer. It returns 62 rows after calculating the number of rows
within the intersection.

Thanks,
-Frances