pg_options in postgres 7.3.2

From: "Dick Wieland" <dwieland(at)bellatlantic(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Dick Wieland(at)Verizon" <dwieland(at)verizon(dot)net>
Subject: pg_options in postgres 7.3.2
Date: 2003-06-16 22:49:50
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm wondering if this pg_options "option" works in 7.3.2? I dropped the
following script

verbose=2
query=4
hostlookup
showportnumber

as $PGDATA/pg_options and then rehupped with pg_ctl ...

but I cannot find any output anywhere.

Any helps or tips or "dahs" would be appreciated.

What I'm trying to do is see under my function PL/pgsql function call to
see what's wrong ... what tools do
people use to debug their PL/pgsql. I can't seem to find very many. Is
there a dbms_output equivalent, for instance?

Thanks,
Dick Wieland