Re: Long update progress

From: "Andy Marden" <amarden(at)usa(dot)net>
To: <mallah(at)trade-india(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Long update progress
Date: 2002-07-19 12:52:27
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

The trouble is, the update's running at the moment - it's
actually a cursor with the updtae running for each selected row
in the cursor. If it's a case of running it again, I'll put a
commit every 'n' in there so that we see things. What I need to
be able to gauge is what has happened in the procedure so far.
Alternatively, if I could force it to abort, but commit what
it's done so far externally, then that would be fine too.