Re: BUG #3948: date/time functions returning wrong value

From: "Jorge Campins" <jrcampins(at)cantv(dot)net>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #3948: date/time functions returning wrong value
Date: 2008-02-11 16:40:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Dear All,

I installed 8.2.6.2 and solved my problem. I set Windows time zone to
"Caracas" and PostgreSQL "America/Caracas" and now they both give me the
right time.

WARNING: not only people in Venezuela but also people in Bolivia is affected
by this problem. As you might recall, Windows used to have a single time
zone for both countries, namely "Caracas/La Paz". If now you set Windows
time zone to "La Paz", PostgreSQL 8.2.6.2 will use "America/Caracas" unless
you specify something else in postgresql.conf. In this case, Windows has
Bolivia's time and PostgreSQL has Venezuela's time. So people in Bolivia
should also specify timezone in postgresql.conf.

Thank you all very much for your kind support.

Regards,

Jorge