Skip site navigation (1) Skip section navigation (2)

PGAdmin III v1.6.1 bug

From: "Patrick Headley" <linxconsulting(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PGAdmin III v1.6.1 bug
Date: 2006-12-04 19:00:25
Message-ID: 004201c717d6$74e344c0$730ba8c0@LinxConsulting.local (view raw or flat)
Thread:
Lists: pgadmin-support
PGAdmin III v1.6.1 binary install

Windows XP SP2 with all known patches

 

This was an issue in v1.4.2, as well.

 

I can backup a PostgreSQL v8.0.4 database with large objects with no
problems. However, if I use PGAdminIII v1.6.1 to restore the database I
receive an error message when pg_restore tries to restore the large objects
and then the return code is set to 1. I have created a pgpass.conf file in
the Application Data folder of the profile that I'm logged into when using
PGAdminIII but that has no effect. If it's supposed to then maybe I did
something wrong. The way I successfully restore the database is to go into a
command window on a different machine (Windows Server 2003 in this case) and
run pg_restore from there. At the point where PGAdminIII fails, the command
prompt version of pg_restore prompts for the password again.

 

I posted this issue before but I didn't provide as much information because
the problem is so easy to reproduce and because I was very busy at the time.
If you need more information on how to reproduce the problem, please let me
know.

 

Patrick Headley
Linx Consulting, Inc.
(303) 916-5522
LinxConsulting(at)comcast(dot)net
www.linxco-inc.com

 

Responses

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Raymond O'DonnellDate: 2006-12-04 19:23:13
Subject: Re: Bug in PGAdmin III v1.6.1
Previous:From: Patrick HeadleyDate: 2006-12-04 18:50:41
Subject: Bug in PGAdmin III v1.6.1

Privacy Policy | About PostgreSQL
Copyright © 1996-2014 The PostgreSQL Global Development Group