Re: recommended programming language for postgresql

From: "Sean Davis" <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
To: "Ramon Orticio" <rporticio(at)yahoo(dot)com>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: recommended programming language for postgresql
Date: 2005-01-25 02:27:06
Lists: pgsql-novice

Check out this thread:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2005-01/msg01178.php

Also, you can use java, C, perl, python, PHP, and anything that can connect
via ODBC, and that is only a start. A much more complete list is available
here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/interfaces

What choice you make depends on what hardware/software/expertise you have
available and what task you want to accomplish. For example, if you want a
non-web-based product, that limits things to one class of solutions. If you
want a web-based product, then there are other solutions. You will probably
need to tell us a bit more about what you want to do if you want us to be
more specific.

Sean