Re: [GENERAL] interesting PHP/MySQL thread

From: "Ned Lilly" <ned(at)nedscape(dot)com>
To: "Advocacy (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "PostgreSQL-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] interesting PHP/MySQL thread
Date: 2003-06-22 23:51:14
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-docs pgsql-general

I think most people would agree that a large part of MySQL's audience has come from the bundling of MySQL libraries with PHP. Getting PostgreSQL to fill this void would be a very positive development.

If concerns about licensing are a major driver here, I would think that PostgreSQL's simple Berkeley license would compare very favorably to the tangled web of Interbase history of corporate intrigue and community forking.