Problem in User Securities

From: "shreedhar" <shreedhar(at)lucidindia(dot)net>
To: "PostgreSQL" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem in User Securities
Date: 2002-05-20 09:32:32
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello All,

I am new to Postgres, While I was checking 'User Securities' in postgres I
got the following problem.

I created a user using 'createuser' command and gave superuser permissions.

but while accessing database, even if we have not given '-W' password
option it is entering into database. So who knows Unix administrator
password can enter into any database if they know corresponding login name
and they work with the same permissions..

And also i observed that even we can enter into template1 with out giving
any username or password.

I doubt there will be a way to restrict this.

Can any body help me regarding this.

Thanks alot,

With best Regards
bhaskararaju