LockRelease error

From: "Gregory W Burnham" <gburnham(at)sfu(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: LockRelease error
Date: 1999-01-20 18:41:28
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

libpq interface
Postgres 6.3.2
RedHat Linux 5.1

When trying to execute an update query using the PQexec(...)
function, I'm getting the following (using PQtrace(...) and
PQuntrace())

To backend> QBEGIN
>From backend> N
>From backend> "OTICE: LockRelease: locktable lookup failed, no lock "
>From backend> V
query failed BEGIN
unknown protocol character 'V' read from
backend. (The protocol character is the first
character the backend sends in response to a query it receives).

What does 'locktable lookup failed' mean, and how can I fix this?

Gregory W Burnham
Excite Labs
Faculty Of Education
Simon Fraser University