Would you like to provide the Product Code of PostgreSQL releases?

From: Wenjing Yao <yao_wj(at)neusoft(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Xixiu Guo <guoxixiu(at)neusoft(dot)com>, Rui Jiang <jiangr(at)neusoft(dot)com>, Chang Kong <kongc(at)neusoft(dot)com>, Peng Xu <xup(at)neusoft(dot)com>
Subject: Would you like to provide the Product Code of PostgreSQL releases?
Date: 2011-10-24 05:15:48
Lists: pgsql-novice
Dear,

I am Tim, a software developer from Neusoft. Co. Ltd.

In one of our product, PostgreSQL 8.3 is one of the software dependencies.
So before installing our product, I need to check if PostgreSQL 8.3 or other
versions have been installed.

This function is achieved by scanning the
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Installations\{Product Code}" key of
registry.

Currently, we know the product of PostgreSQL 8.3 is
{B823632F-3B72-4514-8861-B961CE263224}. Would you like to provide the
product codes of other releases? I could not find them on the internet.

And how can I find the product codes of the releases in the future?

Kind regards,

Tim Yao (姚文景)

PSD 3, IA Division, Neusoft Co. Ltd.,

No.2 Xin Xiu Street, Hun Nan New District,

Shenyang 110179, PRC

Tel: +86 24 836 60822

Mobile: +86 159 4006 5924

E-mail:  <mailto:yao_wj(at)neusoft(dot)com> yao_wj(at)neusoft(dot)com

is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of
Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is
not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure or copying
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from
your system. Thank you.

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Marcus EngeneDate: 2011-10-25 14:15:51