postgresql and openmosix migration

From: "Bill" <bill(at)math(dot)uchicago(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgresql and openmosix migration
Date: 2004-06-22 14:29:39
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hi, I am trying to make a cluster out of any database, postgresql or mysql or any other free database.  I have looked at openmosix patched with the migshm patch for shared memory support and it seems that neither work fully.  Postgresql in particular uses "shared memory but not the system semaphores for locking it".  Thus apparently it won't benefit from an openmosix cluster.  In addition mysql doesn't seem to migrate because it is multithreaded.  Any ideas of how I can cluster my database (around 800 GB in size so even partial replication is not really practical)?

If interested this is my source for openmosix and migshm information http://howto.ipng.be/MigSHM-openMosix/x90.html

Thanks.

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Litao WuDate: 2004-06-22 15:00:42